The main impulse given to the activity was innovation and need orientation. Each walk had a different content and tackled a different sport area and competence.
Period: May 2020 – May 2021
Sports: jumping rope, wu-shu, archery, basketball, floorball, ice-hockey, sport gymnastic, dance, parkour, workout, football, skateboard.
- Walk with sport tasks, connecting sport and the main key competence in this sport, final enigma;
- Walk with sport stations, different sports to be practiced or to solve some tasks;
- Pokémon’s super-power QR code - walk, finding the QR code, each QR code represents one Pokemon and its super-power linked to the sport competence together with the video of the outdoor exercise using the outdoor space in the park;
- Sport map – sport skills walk, map with stops to practice different sport skills;
- Sport synergy - representation of the sport clubs with sport tasks and introduction of the sport and opportunities.
- Diverse approaches;
- Partnership with coaches, clubs;
- Diversity of sports;
- Experienced team;
- Motivation of the team;
- Timing/implementation of the walks in a safe manner;
- Enabling the sport within the walk;
- Sport practice combined with knowledge and skills development;
- Sport as non-formal education tool;
- Multisport culture in the daily life;
- Opportunities for follow-up – workshop, event (opportunity to explore the sport more, follow the personal interest and not necessarily as a regular sport activity or joining the specific sport club).
- Use of other techniques;
- Link to different topics to attract or implement different activities;
- Inclusion of the activity in the PE curricula and other events;
- Cooperation with organisations, clubs, etc.
- Development of the idea;
- Preparation of tasks, communication with the team, partners;
- Placing the tasks;
- Activity information, dissemination on social media;
- Evaluation plan;
- Conclusions and follow-up plan.
- Online promo - invitation, info, examples;
- After the activity - face-to-face contact;
- Conclusion and summaries online.
- PE Teachers;
- Local authorities;
- Schools - to inform the pupils;
- Sport coaches and clubs.
- Feedback online, face-to-face after the walk;
- Evaluation of the team;
- Feedback from schools;
- General evaluation of the whole project as innovative method.
It was based on 4 hours activity, every day (from Monday to Friday) for 2 weeks.
PERIOD: 19/7 – 30/7
SUMMER CAMPs involved: 2 (Milan & Lodi)
N° HOURS: 40 (4 hours per day)
N° PARTICIPANTS: 50
N° SPORT OFFERED: 7 (football, beach volley, rugby, handball, rugby, basket, baseball)
- The password to enter the sport center;
- The call to re-call the attention of the kids;
- The entry song;
- The involvement and co-creation of the activities;
- The final debriefing;
In fact, L’ORMA Summer Camp is “A place where every child is given the opportunity to express their potential, to have experiences without fear of failure, to make new friends of different ages and live new experiences, to relate with prepared adults and ready to listen to them”. We strongly believe that if we want to guarantee children a safe future within this current great uncertainty, we must help them from an early age to cultivate their talents, to find out which social - environmental - innovation area they feel they want to make their contribution to.
- The GAME: Playing is not something that children do as children to pass the time. It is a very powerful tool that develops and trains, in a simple and natural way, the main soft skills essential to be protagonists of one's life;
- The EMOTIONAL EDUCATION: We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift. Emotional intelligence determines our potential to learn practical skills based on its five elements: self-awareness and mastery, motivation, empathy and skills in interpersonal relationships.
- The INVOLVEMENT: Sometimes things happen. The impact that these things have in our lives depends on the ability developed to be active and proactive in the face of events. Learning from an early age to be responsible for your actions gives you the opportunity to become aware adults and masters of your life and the roles you want to play.
- Same staff: the activity has been implemented by the same instructors delivering the other activities during the Summer Camps. This allowed to create a strong connection between the Sport instructors and the children, facilitating their learning process;
- Same sport facilities: We could use the sports facilities we were using for summer camps so we didn't have to move center by center, everything was there;
- Daily relation with parents: we could speak with them, explaining ever day what we were doing and receiving suggestions and feedback from them and from the kids.
- Sport Centers: among the 6 Sport Centers hosting our Summer Camp, only 2 have sport facilities that have been considered suitable for this «Innovative & intensive MultiSport course»;
- Energy demanding: 4 hours per day of sport activities for (almost) 10 days in a row has been tiring and demanding for the participants.
This pilot «Innovative & intensive MultiSport course» can also become a promotional activity for the Sport Federation. They might be interested in providing sport instructors for free during the Summer Camps to deliver their discipline, letting the children know and appreciate sport. This can be an opportunity to promote the activity of Sport Clubs close by.
- Identify the suitable location among the Sport Centers hosting the Summer Camps;
- Identify the proper Educational Sport Staff among L’ORMA Coaches;
- Organize an internal (Online) meeting with the identified Sport staff to present the activity;
- Implement a pre-starting Zoom Meeting with families
Sport Center “Canottieri Adda” Via Nazario Sauro, 16 - Lodi
- the medical certificates from all the participants;
- the authorization from the parents to take videos and photos;
- declarations from the parents due to Covid-emergency.
- In person: every day, after each day of activity
- By social media: daily through L’ORMA Official Facebook Page;
- By email: at the end of each week, sending to the parents a questionnaire to fill in.
- The 2 Sport Centers hosting the activity:
- The Sport Clubs using those sport centers;
- The municipality of Milan and Lodi, that included our activity in their Summer Proposals for families;
- The regional committees of the Federation of Basket, Volleyball and Baseball.
- The regional Olympic Committee.
- Daily feedback with children at the end of the activities;
- Daily (informal) discussion with parents at the end of the day;
- Satisfaction questionnaire for children at the end of the course;
- Online questionnaire for parents at the end of the course.